The way to the piano is this—
Go to your piano and gently place your fingers on the keys
With all of the grace and confidence
That you have inside of you.
The way to play the song is this—
Don’t try too hard; just let the notes come to you.
Never force them out!
When you feel the mood of the song, you’ll feel the notes and the music.
Just play it like there’s not tomorrow, don’t hold anything back!
But don’t get too prideful, that’s when the mistakes come in.
The past composers knew how to play their songs perfectly.
They played their songs to help and you and inspire you and
To let you know that you could be just as good if you tried hard enough.
A beautiful piece of music needs to be played with confidence.
This was my "How To" poem that we had to write for English. I chose this topic becuase I love to play the piano. Mr T. told us to write about something that we do that makes us feel totally relaxed, and when I play the piano I do. I can block the whole world and just listen to myself play. I'm almost to the stage where I can play any song I want by just glancing at the music. I am excited for that because then I don't have to go through the whole process of actually learning it, I'll just be able to play it. Playing the piano is joyous and I suggest that everyone should learn how..it's not that hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment